Monday, October 20, 2008

Good Customer Service or Good Product

Which one do you think is more important? A better customer service or a better product? Customer service is one of the business strategy to enhance the level of customer satisfaction on the products or services provided by the company. Actually all the businesses in this world including the customer service, formal or informal. Formal means like there will be a receptionist or operator standby there to pick up your call and ready to assist you. Informal is when you are buying some items, the staff will approach you and serve you. Meanwhile, product can be the items or services you sell or provided to the customers.

There is one restaurant nearby my working place. The place always full with customers. The first time I went there, I was quite annoyed by the shouting and screaming among the waitresses. That's how they communicate with each others. Everything was fine until the "debtor" came and request for the payment. I can tell you, that woman could be the lousiest waitress in the world. Her face and her tone of asking was like, "Hey you owe me XXX bucks, faster give me!". My goodness, she did that to all of the customers. Can you believe that?

"The food is super nice?" I don't think so. "The restaurant location is strategic?" Not really. There are a lot of restaurants nearby there. "The food is cheap?" Not that cheap since inflation everywhere. Then why? Such as lousy customer service still able to attract so many customers? I really don't understand. Could it because of the cultural here? Malaysian DON'T really CARE? That's what I'm thinking. For my own opinion, customer service and product are equally important aspects in a business.

No comments: