Sunday, September 28, 2008

Vacation Club?Travel Agency?

25th September: Today I learned about another existing business in this world. I believe most of you heard about travel agency. Have you heard about vacation club? Well, I never heard of it so it's quite new for me. One day, I received a sms from an unknown mobile number saying that I won a free ticket/voucher after I filled up the registration form during the past career fair and wanted me to get it from a place which is quite far from my living place. I thought it is a spam sms so I just ignored it. Few days later, I received a phone call from the company asking me whether I'm going to get the free gift from them or not and I agreed to meet them.

Once I reached that company, I knew it will be not that easy to get my so called free gift. A well-dressed girl came out and shake my hand. "Okay, here it comes." I said in my heart. The girl invited me to sit down and started to do the talking. I asked her directly, "what should I do to get my free gift?". She smiled and said that I just need to complete the 45 minutes section. Well, I started to do the counting. Then she began to explain the budget different between travel alone, rely on travel agency and vacation club.

Frankly, I enjoyed the presentation and conversation because I was learning new information. Basically the main difference between these three are the travel budget and flexibility of travel time(vacation club is the best plan overall). And the main point of the presentation is the girl have to do her best to persuade me to join the membership of her company (which is the vacation club).

The funniest part was when she called her manager to come out and explain to me the joining and the membership fee. For me, the most important thing as a manager is the good impression you give to the client, mostly this related to the wearing. That so called manager wore a plain t-shirt with a short pant and it's SHE, around 40 years old. I almost laughed but I was still in control. She explained to me for five minutes and then asked me to decide. I rejected the offer in a good way. "It's not the right time" I answered which means "I don't need it and I just want my free gifts". "Okay, I go get your free gifts" the manager answered. Then, they started another tactics. The girl who presented to me approached me again after the manager went in the room. She did her last attempt to persuade me by brought out the "parents" as bait.

"Last time I was poor and now I'm capable of giving them the opportunity to go travel", "What do you think your parents wish to do" and so on. Oh man, give me a break! She made a fatal error here and I was quite angry. She thought she know my parents better than I does?! I was still in control and rejected her in a good way. And the so called manager took another 30 minutes to get the free gift! In total, I spent approximately 3 precious hours for the free gift!

What a day.....

No comments: